Who We Are

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Me?!!?

Ha roo, pups and cool cats, it's me - Zim!  So there I was, guarding the dining room yesterday afternoon...

IMG_9126 Zim
"I'm sooooo bored..."

...when Mom saw me.  Dave was getting some much needed rest in the other room and she didn't want me to wake him up.  Something about me finding my own entertainment not being quite restful to everyone else in the house.  I have no idea what she means by that.  Anyway, she seemed to understand just what I needed and whispered those words I love to hear ... "Psst!  Zim!"

IMG_9129 Zim
"Me?!!?"

When she does that "Psst!" thing, I just know she's being sneaky and that it means something fun!  I dashed over and followed her into the garage.

IMG_9131 Zim
"Car ride?!?  Can I drive?"

She said she'd drive but that I could navigate.  Cool!  I navigated us straight over here:

IMG_9142 Zim
"This is what I'm talking about!"

Can you tell where we went?!?  Look in the background -- it's the transoceanic bridge!  That's right -- since I was navigating, I directed Mom over to the Kansas Ocean!

IMG_9144 Zim
"Ahh!  Feel that breeze!"

It was a tad breezy, as you can tell from my fur, and it just felt GREAT!!!

Mom did a special effects thing on her iPhone:

IMG_9149 Zim

Pretty cool, huh?  I felt very retro.

I was surprised there weren't any tourists visiting - you'd think now that it's Summer, everyone would head to the Kansas Ocean!

IMG_9146 Zim

All the more for me to enjoy, I guess!

When I got home and cooled down a bit, Dave and I helped Mom slice up a watermelon.  Mmm!  Nothing beats icy cold watermelon after a trip to the ocean!  I sure wish all of you could have joined us!

Play bows,
Zim

14 comments:

  1. I really expected to see some sun bathers!

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can't find Kansas Ocean on the map . . . does it go by another name, Zim?

    Sure beautiful and I'd like to see it.

    Kisses,
    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have loved to share some wally melon with you.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zim I think you and your mom had a grrrreat time with that SNEAKY trip to the K. Ocean. GOOD Move Mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom does that psssts too, BOL
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a fun trip! I love it when Momma gets all sneaky and lets me go on an errand with just the two of us. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're glad you took your mom to the Kansas Ocean! It's good the tourists weren't there yet either! If I'm feeling up with it tomorrow, we're going to go see an ocean called the Pacific Ocean!

    Woos,
    Sadie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mum knows just what to do to make you happy, Zimmie!

    Huffs

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Kansas Ocean and then watermelon! It doesn't get much better than that, Zim!

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Zim!
    Sure you loved being the in Kansas Ocean.... your favorite place!
    Aaaand yummilicious watermelon!
    Wow!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that is really awesome!!
    Thanks for taking us along!

    Cheers,
    Maxx

    P.s - We could sure go for some water melon too, the weather's pretty mad here too..:(

    ReplyDelete
  12. what fun

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Watch out for that bridge. I think that is how kangaroos migrated to Oz.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete